Saturday, February 28, 2009

Love your Body day

I really enjoyed this site, for it's dedication to women. I really would love to see women loving their bodies everyday, but at least there's one day a year when women can really get in touch with their bodies. I too like the poster contest and believe that it is for an awesome cause, I will most definitely be partaking in the contest. Another aspect of the site that I really enjoyed was the What you can do aspect... this list gave some great ideas into getting in touch with our bodies. I really think that the book written by Jada Pickett Smith, with the pictures of her and her daughter/ her poetry would be a great gift, or book to own for inspiration. I would love to start something like this here at Oregon State. I know that we have our Women's Center calendars fighting the violence against women, but a book of accomplished women would be beautiful too.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I think that it would be great to see women appreciate their bodies every day. I also think that it would be amazing to see women appreciate other women for their differences. I think that support for other women is one thing that also would empower women.

    ReplyDelete