Saturday, February 28, 2009

Reflecting Venus

The Issue is NOT:
whether or not anyone finds us attractive.
some do, some don't (like thin people)
The Issue is NOT:
whether fat people are healthy.
some are, some aren't (like thin people)
THE ISSUE IS:
whether people's perceptions of us give them the right to treat us like sub-humans.
It is time for fat people to just say NO to bigots!

Unfortunately this is very sad, but it is true, when are women/men that are seen in society going to get a break... you're damn if you do, and if you don't. I really think people should start saying "NO", I will not feel like shit when others push me down with their words, and their actions... I will fight this alienation, not with HATE but with TRUTH. This website does a great job of being inspiring but lack real action... I think that within their mission statement and through the site, creativity and heart is shown. "obesity is not a sin, moral failing or lifestyle choice."- Reflecting beauty does a great job in fighting against biogtry.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is really sad that the world is like this, but it is our reality. I think that one way to fight the oppression of larger people is to recognize that there is a problem. I think that even though size discrimination is still a big problem, it is good that some people have recognized it as a serious problem.

    ReplyDelete