Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Love Your Body Day

The first thing that I saw on this website was "Do you love what you see when you look in the mirror?" This immediately got my attention. Do I love the way I look? The website goes on to talk about the media and how popular culture teaches us that we can always be better and need to buy products and change our lives so we "fit in." This website gave accurate and interesting information. It would be a good site for people who are struggling with the repercussions of our media and for people who want to learn about the "fat" issue.

2 comments:

  1. I found what you said about us as society having to "fit in" with the standards that media creates for us very interesting. Its sad that what is popular and beautiful or accepted in society is not BASED on soceity but a select few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the majority of women in the United States compare themselves to other women. If women could be "taught" to accept and love themselves for who they are, I could not imagine where we would be in the world.

    ReplyDelete