Wednesday, March 4, 2009

reflecting venues

"11% of the respondents in a recent survey said that, if a genetic predisposition to obesity was identified in their unborn children, they would opt for abortion." This was the headline statement on the website. I thought that it was interesting that people would even ask that question and then even more shocking that people actually said that that would be a reason for aborting a child. I am pro-choice and believe that women have the right to make decisions about their body but I can't believe that women would find out that her child might be over weight and then in turn not want to have that child. This was a good opening to the website because it got my attention. As all the websites it was helpful, informative and interesting. What was special about this website is that it was shocking with bold statements that created thought. At the end of the website there was a quote that I thought was important, "You can have the life you want in the body you already have!"

2 comments:

  1. I am also pro-choice but this statement at the top of the website made me so mad! it sends the message that being obese is seen as an intolerable disease. and its not! we need to change these people's views

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad to hear that people would abort a baby because it might be obese. If someone chooses to have a child, they are choosing to have it, not matter what might be "wrong" with it.

    ReplyDelete